- 1 ft. gridline for easy placement of plants
- Highly effective, patented material guaranteed for 5 or 10 years
- Ideal for home landscaping and gardens
Home landscaping and gardens, under patios and decks, under walkways and paths, vegetable and flower gardens
Easy one-time installation:
- Unroll Weed-Shield and cut material to desired length. Fit Weed-Shield around plants or cut slits in material to fit over plants. Overlap adjacent sections 3 inches.
NOTE: Leave openings for daffodils, tulips and other bulbs so they can emerge from the ground in spring.
- Install New Plants by cutting X's in Weed-Shield at the location of each new plant. Plant shrubs, trees and small plants through the material into the soil beneath.
- Cover with layer of organic mulch. Cover completely with a 2 inch layer of pine needles, wood chips or shredded bark (or a thin layer of small, smooth landscaping pebbles) to protect it from the sun.
Small weeds may germinate in the top mulch but can easily be removed by hand since the roots will not penetrate the fabric.
For Best Results:
- Weed Shield can be placed directly over grass but it is preferable to clear the area first. Prepare the planting area by spraying existing weeds and recurring ones with a nonselective systemic weed-killer which kills to the roots.
- Alternatively, remove existing grass and weeds before installation.
- For added protection, a pre-emergent herbicide soil treatment to prevent future germination of weed seeds is also recommended.
|385401||5-Year Weed-Shield, 3' x 50'||$10.40|
|385441||5-Year Weed-Shield, 4' x 50"||$16.90|
|385501||10-Year Weed-Shield Plus, 3' x 50'||$13.90|
|385521||10-Year Weed-Shield Plus, 3' x 100'||$27.95|
|385541||10-Year Weed-Shield Plus, 6' x 50'||$29.90|
How to Order
| Shipping Guide
| Contact Us