WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD WE TAKE BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER SPRAYING?
Steps you should take:
1.Children and pregnant women should take care to avoid exposure when practical.
2. If possible, remain inside or avoid the area whenever spraying takes place and for about
30 minutes after spraying. That time period will greatly reduce the likelihood of your breathing pesticide in air.
Note: Anvil 2+2® has a pungent aromatic odor similar to the smell of mothballs. If you come home and
smell this odor get inside. Sun breaks this pesticide down so it may be best to avoid walking outside, if possible, until the sun has
been out a while the next day. Dr. Robert Wingfield, Chemistry Professor/Environmental Educator
at Fisk University, warned, “Although the Health Department recommends staying in for
30 minutes after spraying, as a chemist, I would recommend avoiding the area for 24 hours.”
3. Close windows and doors and turn off window air-conditioning units or close their
vents to circulate indoor air before spraying begins. Windows and window air-conditioner
vents can be reopened 30 minutes or more after spraying.
4. If you come in direct contact with Anvil spray,
protect your eyes. If you get Anvil spray in your
eyes, immediately rinse them with water.
Wash exposed skin. Wash clothes that come
in direct contact with spray separately from
5. Consult your health care provider if you think
you are experiencing health effects from
Steps you may want to take to reduce exposure:
1. If spraying just occurred, minimize your
contact with surfaces and wash skin that has
come in contact with these surfaces.
2. Pick homegrown fruits and vegetables you
expect to eat soon before spraying takes
place. Rinse homegrown fruits and
vegetables (in fact, all produce) thoroughly
with water before cooking or eating.
3. Cover outdoor tables and play equipment
before spraying or wash them off with
detergent and water after they have been sprayed.
4. Bring laundry and small toys inside before
spraying begins (wash with detergent and
water if exposed to Anvil during spraying).
5. Bring pet food and water dishes inside, and
cover ornamental fishponds to avoid direct exposure.*