Used widely in commercial orchards and nurseries
Size: 18 inch diameter (13 inch Inflated)
Usage ideas: Gardens, nurseries, orchards
- Apply enclosed reflective "O" sticker to center of each black eye on the balloon; apply firmly to ensure permanent adhesiveness.
- Inflate until balloon is fully expanded, but not stretched (balloon will expand as sun heats the air inside).
- Thread hanging reflective strips through loops on both sides of inflation valve (insert about 1").
- Attach string and hang from fence post or other prominent position.
It is important to move the balloon around every few days so birds don't get used to it.
For Best Results:
- Place balloon in a prominent position so birds can see it (avoid hanging from tree limb because leaves will obscure birds' view).
- Use one or two balloons for a small garden; use three or more for a large garden.
- Install balloon before fruit ripens and feeding habits develop.
- Move balloon around garden every few days.
- Store indoors when season is over to prevent birds from getting used to it.